Photos from Oh My Crafts.
These easy decorations for Cinco de Mayo will make you look like party planner! Adding a little vinyl to items you already have makes them look new and picture-perfect for a fun night with family and friends. Supplies Needed:
(Use coupon code LDS10
to get 10% off supplies needed.)* Utensil Caddy:
1. Follow the cutting chart for each of the 3 designs. (The cutting chart for drink caddy can be found in this article's photo gallery.)
2. Cut out design using chart.
3. Weed around designs and pick out centers.
4. Trim piece of transfer tape to size of design. Remove backing and apply to design. Burnish.
5. Gently lift transfer tape and design from liner.
6. Apply to caddy and burnish. Start design on side by handle. Be sure to keep design level. Match ends and continue around caddy.
7. Repeat steps above for each layer.Drink Bucket cutting chart:
1. Cut out design usingdrink bucket cutting chart. (The cutting chart can be found in this article's photo gallery.)
2. Weed around designs and pick out centers.
3. Trim piece of transfer tape to size of design. Remove backing and apply to design. Burnish.
4. Gently lift transfer tape and design from liner.
5. Apply to drink bucket and burnish. Tips:
1. Slightly overlap zig zag border when joining pieces. You may need to shift the zig zag up or down a little as you go around the drink bucket to compensate for the curves.
2. Cut an extra zig zag to use when piecing together the beginning and end.
3. Alcohol inking can be added to vinyl to give dimension and pattern to the vinyl (for instructions on how to ink, see last week’s article).
*The Oh My Crafts warehouse store will be open on Saturday from 10 – 4 p.m. Located at 1499 West 105 North, Orem, UT. Mention this coupon to get a discount on great prices!
© LDS Living 2011.