Creative Card Displays
LDS Living staff - December 03, 2010
Show off your holiday cards in a whole new way!There’s never enough room for all the holiday cards on your fridge, and arranging them on the mantel is, well, boring. Be a little different this year and show off those beautiful holiday cards in a whole new way!
- Purchase a small Christmas tree and attach your cards on it with ribbon. If you prefer a more rustic look, clip leafless branches from your trees (about three feet long), arrange them in a pretty vase, and hang the cards from the branches.
- Wrap a garland around your banister (if you have a two-story house), punch holes in the top left corner of your cards, and tie them onto the garland with ribbon.
- Display them under a glass tabletop.
- Find an oversized frame and use it to frame a large piece of corkboard. Pin your cards inside the frame as they come. You can either arrange them methodically or make a more artistic collage.
- Hang two large pretty ribbons from the ceiling, framing a doorway or an alcove. Place a large bow at the top, then staple or pin your cards to the ribbon.
© LDS Living magazine Nov/Dec 2010